Foods To Boost Your Metabolism
A high metabolism helps in burning fat to a greater extent. Below mentioned are some of the foods which help in boosting your metabolism for better fat loss.
- Almonds: Almonds are nutritionally dense. A smaller portion size gives a large amount of healthy macronutrients and calories.
- Beans: Beans are loaded with fiber and protein. It helps you feel full longer, and helps keep your digestive system healthy and active!
- Celery: Eating celery can help you lose weight by flushing out the toxins from the system.
- Cucumbers: The natural diuretic effect of this vegetable flushes out toxins and helps in losing weight by boosting your metabolism.
- Ginger: Ginger helps increase the speed of your metabolism by 5%, and it also gives the feeling of satiety, so it helps you eat less and burn what you eat a lot faster.
- Green Tea: Green tea is one of the best metabolism-boosters you can drink! Green tea also helps decrease your risk of cancer, reduces food cravings and helps in weight loss.
- Lemon: Having a glass of lemon water on waking would help get rid of toxins in the body. It acts a detox beverage due to its Vitamin C content as well aid in weight loss by boosting metabolism.
- Watermelon: The citrulline in watermelon has been shown to reduce the accumulation of fat in fat cells, making it a must have fruit for weight loss. In addition to this, watermelon is made up of 90% water and electrolytes (like potassium) which will help to stay hydrated.
While the above article guides you to eating healthier, there is no substitute for customized professional advice given by a qualified nutritionist. We urge you to speak to your personal dietician or if you need help, contact a nutritionist at Qua Nutrition.
You can contact us at 080 3232 9292 or log on to www.quanutrition.com to Book An Appointment.